Brain Injuries can be a debilitating condition that affects not only the brain injury survivor, but their loved ones as well. There is an average of 3.2 million individuals affected by Brain Injuries each year and more than 6.2 million individuals who deal with life-long disability and other symptoms daily.
INTUITIVE INSIGHT works with Brain Injury Survivors and their Loved Ones to provide Brain Injury Management, Psychoeducation, Routine Creation, etc. who are establishing their post-injury identity and lives.
The following are some examples of Invisible Brain Injury Symptoms
(Those that can't be seen physically, but can be noticed after a period of interaction)
- Memory Issues (Usually short-term)
- Attention & Focus
- Executive Functioning (Planning and Coordination)
- More susceptible to agitation (shorter fuse)
- Higher stress levels with loved ones
- Difficulty with planning (activities, events, future)
- Depression, Anxiety, Mood Swings
- Sensory Effects
- Recognizing Objects